Thursday, April 26, 2018

Moving An Illustrated Book Up In My Priorities

Her Name is Lara Calleja, and she is an Illustrator who applied for one job without knowing there was another one. That is the great thing about the internet, you can find talented people all over the world, even in  Legazpi, Albay. If you don't know where it is, look it up. I asked her to do a couple of sketches for me and a scene. She came through with amazing results. But judge for yourself.

Meet Bartholomew Orenthal Orfeo Hardgrove, yes I finally settled on this name for Booh. For those of you, who like me are older than dirt you may see a resemblance to Lou Costello. While this is not Lou Costello, the familial possibilities are there. Lara looked at images I had, I gave her some additional information and she gave me Booh.

Now meet Jonathan Valpone Babbot. Yes, his middle name is Italian for Fox. There are a number of differences between Booh & Babbot and Abbot and Costello. Booh is an innocent with a good heart but he is not quite dull as Costello was presented. Babbot is a man in search of a fortune, he is sly as a fox, but his devotion to Booh is unbreakable. Now the only thing I needed to do was create more than just a game, I needed a story that would launch this pair into stardom.

I decided to pay homage "Abbot and Costello Meet Frankenstein", only no Frankenstein Monster. I needed a haunted house, vampires, a Femme Fatale, a mystery, some ghosts, and a traveling Zombie. Now I needed two twists, How to put my two reluctant heroes into harm's way and a Twist at the end. Lara put my duo into a graveyard for me. She has done six more character sketches which she will be coloring in for me. For now, you'll just have to be satisfied with the Graveyard scene.




To Be Continued...          







No comments:

Post a Comment