Thursday, June 14, 2018

Children's Books Are New To Me

For the last four years, I have been writing short detective adventure books. The Jonas Watcher series has a small following and it has been well received on Amazon, other online distributors, and Goodreads. There are four published books and I have eight more in the pipeline in various stages of development. The eBook of the first story, "The Case of the Running Bag" is free at all online distributors. If you haven't read my books, here is a way to become familiar with my storytelling style at no expense.



I started working on a new series that was a outside of my comfort zone. I left 1930's noir detective adventures for Victorian spy adventures with a woman heroine. I have just recently put the first book, "M'Lady's Gentlemen" in my new series "In Her Majesty's Service" up for presale to be released on July 14, 2018.

Story Description:

As Victorian society's latest celebrity and confidant of Prince Albert; Douglas Souter appears to be above reproach, until the rumor, “He cheats at cards!”

The Ministry of Foreign and Domestic Affairs doesn't get involved in such an incidental accusation, but Douglas Souter has the ear of the Prince Consort. Lord Melbourne personally requests Sir Alfred to look into the matter. Reluctantly Sir Alfred assigns the only agent he has who's qualified for the endeavor; Lady Agatha Wingate, the token woman spy.

Lady Agatha knows she's considered nothing more than a novelty in the spy agency, but she's determined to prove that women can be of value.

Then the simple request becomes more sinister.

Lady Agatha discovers Douglas Souter is much more than a roguish card cheat. She uncovers a darker plot to destabilize England's government. Lady Agatha's races to save a friend and ends up fighting for her own life. To survive, she will need all her training and maybe the help from a few good gentlemen.



"M'Lady's Gentlemen" has an illustration for each chapter and a woman in England had first responded to do the work. Later, I was contacted by an Illustrator in the Philippines who was also interested in doing the illustrations. Since I had already promised the woman from England... I looked at Lara's portfolio and felt she might be right for another project I wanted to do;  a series called "The Adventures of Booh and Babbot", the first book being "The Haunted House of Dracula". I gave her some initial assignments to see if she was up for doing the work. She excelled.

Based on her artwork I decided to alter my initial audience for a younger one. So I need help. I need some beta readers who understand what is appropriate for middle-grade readers and what might also appeal to the younger age group within the YA audience.

If you are interested, you can reply here or email me at grposchman@gmail.com use subject Beta Reader. I will email out details. 

Thank you for those of you who respond. 







No comments:

Post a Comment